SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009

TiarasWake is on a distinguished road
Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle

I am wondering whether there is someone out there near MD with a boat that is going to waste due to, perhaps, just a busy lifestyle. Maybe that person could afford to pay it forward, so to speak, to a family in need. My husband, toddlers and i live aboard a 27 foot boat. It is very old, but we love it more than any life on land. It is a long story as to how we arrived here, but we are grateful to have a roof over our heads and our family intact. We can no longer use our credit, as we lost everything during bad times. The important thing is that we are together and happy, yet the harsh reality remains that our old boat is just that. Our transom is rotting and our core is definitely wet with all of our leaks. We can no longer move the boat because it puts too much stress on the transom, causing water to come in rapidly. If we could get any type of loan we would be fine, but as i said, we no longer have that luxury. We cannot even get a loan to replace our dilapidated vehicles which are on their last legs. Call me crazy or what you will for this post, but I am just a mother and wife trying to save her family. My husband works hard to take care of us, but as many of you may know, when you sink down into a hole financially, it can be nearly impossible to get back out again. If our home ends up at the bottom of the drink, we will truly have nothing left. If you can be of any help at all, it would be appreciated more than you will ever know. Thanks for reading this post. I can only hope for a miracle.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook