SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many young people (say 35 or under)out there
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009

nk235 is on a distinguished road
I'm 24 and have owned my 32' Morgan 323 for 2 years and a small 25' sloop for one year before that. Got bit bit by the bug during one summer when I took a sailing course early in college. After I graduated and started work and making some money I bought the 25' sloop and loved it but it felt a littel bit too much like camping out so I sold it 2 years ago and bought the Morgan.

During the weekends I cruise all over the long Island Sound with my girl friend and some of my buddies. We eventually would love to sail down to the bahamas for a year or so taking our time going down the coast to see the sights. The only trouble is I would have to time it when I was in between jobs because I only get about 2 weeks or so with the current company I am with.

I do have to say though I hardly know anyone around my age who sails and if they do they just crew on others boats. I would love to meet more people my age that have their own sailboats. All my buddies have powerboats so there is always a good crowd to raft up to and go cruising with but no other sailors.

Picture of my current boat "Capricorn"
[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]