SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solicit Comments On Planned Chesapeake Route
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009

PalmettoSailor will become famous soon enough
I can't offer any insight on the first half of your trip, but the last leg from Fishing Bay to Salt Ponds is a long one and the leg from Reedville to Fishing Bay is a pretty short one. I've never been to Reedville, but anchored at Sandy Point just a bit further up the river, last weekend which is a great anchorage. Its just a couple of hours from the Great Wicomico to the Broad Creek side of Deltaville (where we keep our boat) and not much futher around to Fishing Bay. I know the Crazy Crab in Reedville is popular and a group from our Yacht Club went to Horn Harbour for dinner at the restaraunt there, so there are good reasons to enter the Great Wicomio. However, if you want to shorten you last leg, and if you've been to the Reedville area but not Fishing Bay, you might consider stretching the leg from Smith Island down to Fishing Bay, then pick a stop in Mobjack Bay. You don't want the last day to become a "Death March".

Last edited by PalmettoSailor; 06-05-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook