SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many young people (say 35 or under)out there
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009
Ornery Cuss

riphonda is on a distinguished road
where'd all the good people go?

Interesting consideration that us young guys and gals are increasingly few and far between in the sailing world...

Sailing has been a way of life in my family and though I took a hiatus to powerboat and try to commercial/charter fish for a bit Im really finally seeing what it means to be free on the wind again. Just turned 27 and bought a 28' sabre that ive been rebuilding. The racing was never my thing though I spent considerable time in optis and lasers etc I just enjoy the leasure time spent on the water. Cruising/ gunkholing is great. Thats what its all about for me, the boat is a place where I gain a better perspective on the world and see life from a simpler side. For some reason I cant get into the gaming, xboxing and the like nor do i get into the you(tube)-twit(ter)-face(book) sites. Is it me or are people more comfortable in these electronic social worlds? Not for me. Id rather be up slicing and dicing apart a bulkhead and dreaming of the wild blue yonder. Located on Cape Cod. Boat is yet to be named.

Good to hear from everyone. Keep this thread goin'.
"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook