Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 8
My genoa needs them!
Thought this should be simple. But searching on the subject reveals no clear choice:
- tape (not recommended because of trapping moisture)
- plastic boots (don’t breathe? - but they look the simplest to install)
- leather (seems preferred, but did those owners install/stitch them while dangling from a halyard?)
- a polyester wraparound, with buckle (one more thing to snag?)
- a wheel, mounted on the stay (installation with rig up?)
Please share your thoughts and recommendations. Thanks.
Charlie Lincoln • Cathlamet, WA • Islander 28 #108