SailNet Community - View Single Post - Life without Air Conditioning
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc2dogs View Post
I've always found that shading as much of the boat as possible works well for keeping it from getting oppresivly hot inside. Biminy or canvas over the boom, another bit (triangular) from mast to bow with the front corner fastened at the bow and the base fastened at each side, kept high enough to allow airflow. May not be exactly beautiful, but does lower the temps on the boat enough that you can sit comfortably in the cockpit, or go below without melting.

Ken.

My friend has this cloth you describe on his bow. I imagine if the rain is not blowing sideways it allows the hatch to stay open too.

Shade is mandatory in the tropics. We have shade that lays down on the windows for night privacy, and lifts up during the day for the view.......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook