SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Cal 22 Owners?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009

NotQuiteCapnRon is on a distinguished road
I do not know the phrp and I have looked on the internet quite bit for that information. I have corresponded with a couple of Cal 22 owners that raced and their clubs based it on Catalina 22's. Both of these owners sheepishly admitted that they thought the Cal 22 was faster, but they are proud boat owners, so who knows. I have seen comments on the internet that support Cal 22's being a bit faster than the Cat 22. The guy I got my boat from raced it on the Ohio River....he claimed the club was happy he was selling it.

Where is this sail number located on the sail? I have never noticed any numbers other than 22 on mine and I have original Neil Pryde sails now. Perhaps someone had sails made for the boat and that is just the number for racing purposes???

Good deal on the lack of blisters.

I know what you mean about getting on the trailer and out of the water....You get the boat on the trailer and with the fin keel it sure looks a lot bigger all of sudden. LOL

I was a little bummed when I discovered the wife and I couldn't step the mast by ourselves, but we always intended to keep in the marina at the local lake, so its just a matter of pulling it out once every year or two to clean and refinish the bottom now.

Congrats!

Ron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook