SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tayana 55 1988/90 is she good for serious oceans crossing???
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009
Moody 46

orthomartin is on a distinguished road
Tayana 55

I know the later 55s are really 58s but the "55" was placed for some import tax reasons. A guy named Milles Poor at Nanny Cay tortola is a 55 expert as he owns one and has done several refits with his company there. He is full time at Nanny Cay (sorry I don't have his email handy)
I sail a Moody 46, have gone from lk mi to the Caribbean last year and am in the Med now. I have looked a lot at slightly larger boats and the one I like best so far (and I really like the Tayana) is the Amel Super Maramu. Very safe ketch, true watertight fore and aft bulkheads, very easy with one or two people, and company support like no other in the world at this point in time. Not the best looking but built to take heavy water, stay dry in cockpit and below, and systems tested and re-tested. Very few Amel owners buy anything other than another Amel. Just my thoughts, good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook