SailNet Community - View Single Post - Strong young man looking for adventure. Experienced and Hearty.
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanissa View Post
Hi Mike, it is possible that you could join the boat in southern Italy the first of July.
Please send a brief curriculum vitae and I will discuss the possibility of you joining the boat with the captain this evening.
I will need contact information from you, so please send me a private message via this site, as I cannot post my email address here.
Best regards,
Capitanissa Christy
Capitanissa,

This certainly sounds like an interesting opportunity.

However, in Mike's place, I would want to see some specifics about the vessel and owners before I submitted my personal credentials and info to someone that claims to be representing them or acting on their behalf. I'm not saying that there is anything untoward happenning here, only that the offer as presented lacks the kind of details we normally associate with authenticity.

My suggestion is to present more concrete details about the vessel and owners, or better still have the owners sign-on here and represent themselves. Alternatively, they can get in touch with Mike via telephone after making a contact here, or you can forward their contact info to Mike directly.

If you need more posts to use our Private Messaging system, you can go into our "Off-Topic" forum and post some gibberish to the "Song Thread" and thereby boost your post-count to the required 10.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook