SailNet Community - View Single Post - Strong young man looking for adventure. Experienced and Hearty.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009

capitanissa is on a distinguished road
being prudent

Dear Sailingdog:
I have supplied Mike with full details, contact with the captain and the website for his charters. I did not feel I should do this online.
this may be last minute, but it is only because we did not discuss the possibility of looking for crew online previously; I offered to help out because I am always on line for my multiple businesses. The captain of Anna, a vintage 1880's schooner, is not an internet type, he also has his hands full running his boat.
I may be new to sailingnet, but I am a veteran sailor/captain and liveaboard, having captained in the Med for over 16 years.
I understand your wish to keep things above board, I only regret that even in the sailing world these days people cannot go on good oldfashioned trust. I signed on an Italian boat crossing with the ARC, then I "hitchhiked" my way around the Caribbean and across the Atlantic, then through the Med -18 years ago, it was an irreplaceable experience. I would do it again.. if I had the stamina!
Regards,
Capitanissa
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook