SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau DS42 Vs Beneateau Oceanis 43
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009
October Moon B43

MJBrown is on a distinguished road
We have a 2008 Beneteau 43 and are very happy with her. Yes she's very Euro looking but we like the change of pace. She has a ton of room below which is what sold us on her. Lot's of storage space as well. Very comfortable below deck. As for sailing she's IMO quick. We motor at apx 2600 RPMS and see 8kts SOG. I've only sailed her a few times but can tell you we were seeing 7.5 to 8kts of SOG in 11-12kts of wind close hauled and beam reaching. Had her reefed out in 20+ with 4-5 chop and she handled just fine hitting 9-10kts SOG. Once I fully understand how she likes to be trimmed I expect to see even greater speed. Her cockpit is huge and is great for entertaining or just relaxing. We've had as many as 12 on her for dinner and didn't feel cramped. She is an energy hog. We have electric toilets, electric shower sumps, individual compressors for the fridge and freezer, numerous cabin lights, radios, etc. Overall we have few if any complaints and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. While I've only looked at the Jenneaus at the shows IMO the Benny's cabins are finished off with much nicer woodwork.
Good luck with your decision.
Mike
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook