SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Experienced Crew wanted for Bermuda Trip

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mandolaire 
#1 ·
I am planning to sail to Bermuda 6/18 from Portland, Maine...unfortunately, one of my crew had to drop out due to a family emergency. I am looking for a blue water experienced sailor for the trip.

None of the crew has blue water experience. Currently, I have 2 remaining crew, one with extensive boating experience, the other with little. I have extensive coastal experience and have my 50 ton masters ticket.

The boat is well equiped 1982 Pearson 424 with all the rigging (Standing, running and chain plates) replaced over the last 5 years. I have a new DSB ISAF liferaft, a EPIRB with GPS, a Icom 718 with a SGC-230 autotuner, as well as plentiful spares.

If someone can only make that outbound leg, that would also be welcome. I realize that this is last minute, but without another experienced person, I'll be forced to scrub the trip.

I have provisioned the boat so the only expenditures the person will incur will be travel to Portland, ME and their Bermuda expenditures (port fees, meals ashore, etc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.