SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau DS42 Vs Beneateau Oceanis 43
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009

Landseer36i is on a distinguished road
Jeanneau is actually owed by Beneteau (Beneteau LTD if I remember correctly). Because of this you will see lots of similarities between the two boats and there will only be a few differences between the new Beneteau and a 2007 Jeanneau DS. What really matters the most is what you get for your money. If the Jeanneau has all the options you want and is cheaper than go with it. Especially with the global economy being what it is.

I currently own a 2009 Jeanneau 36i and I love it. I spent a few years looking at different boats and finally decided on the Jeanneau (the broker was great and was one of the reasons I went with the Jeanneau). It handles like a dream, is comfortable and fast under sail, and hosts great cookouts at anchor and dockside.

While I know I won't cross the Pacific with it (mostly because I don't have the time) I know that I will enjoy sailing the East Coast of the US, the Bahamas and parts of the Carribean.

You really can't go wrong with either but the Jeanneau sounds like the better deal.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook