SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSafari View Post
Lose one gain one. I guess all the reasons he is leaving is the reasons I found the thread interesting. Not that I don't have sympathy for someone in need but just going to a forum and asking for a free boat is not the way someone truly in need would do it. I would think the time would be better spent contacting the many organizations which assist those of us who have hit the skids. Having enough skills to find an internet connection, locate the correct forum and write a nicely worded request for a free boat requires some knowledge. Not providing the details of the boat such as manufacture and other details makes me wonder what marina it is in. The one thing you get at marina is free advice on repairs. The OP seem light on details except the ones which pull at your heart strings.
Welome to Sailnet. Good post, great to have you aboard.

My offer to Tiaraswake the OP a few pages back still stands. If only she can get us some pics, details and history of the boat, maybe we could collectively do something here for her? The ball is definitely in her court on this however.

I do understand everyone's suspicions. I am however trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, maybe 99 out of 100 posts like her's could be dodgy, but hey she could be the 1 that isn't.......i'm just saying....

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook