SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
I would not assume that the OP's post was any kind of a scam, there are a lot of people having trouble out there, and a lot of people who have been evicted from their homes, had cars repossessed, etc, it isn't that uncommon.

In May of 2009, 9.12% of people with home mortgages were late with their payments, that's almost one in ten, that means for every 100 people you know who have a mortgage, 9 of them are late on their mortgage payments. There are hundreds of thousands of foreclosures every month in the United States right now, it happens to a lot of people, real people losing real homes. The auto repo man is so busy that lien holders are having problems finding people to do repossessions.

What are the chances of people who are losing everything being here on Sailnet ? I'd say the chance is pretty good, there are probably quite a few people having very serious financial troubles here, people who have lost their retirements, their homes, losing or have lost their boats, businesses, everything. I'm sure there are plenty of people roaming these forums who aren't getting a good night's sleep right now.

These are the kinds of things that happen to people you know, just as common as it was to hear of people making hundreds of thousands of $us (or millions, or more) when prices were going up, those same people are the ones losing everything now. Over the past few years, how many times did you hear from people you knew saying these famous last words, "We refinanced and bought ..." or "We made $$$$ in the stock market ...", those same friends of yours are now late on their mortgage payments, losing their retirements, etc, they're just not out boasting about it.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook