SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009
Waiting For Spring

krozet is on a distinguished road
I have read this thread post to post and this might be off topic but I am going to say something...

It's my dream to spend some time sailing. I have decided that next spring I will be buying a boat and spending the summer on Lake Ontario getting use to the boat. Come October / November I will be leaving my career of 10 years and heading south. I have saved enough money and carefully invested it to the point that I will be receiving enough monthly income to live on my boat. I have no illusions that it will be hard but the freedom, joy and happiness will out weight the work. I also know that there will be issues that I have to siphon off income producing savings to pay for and realistically I will be able to sail for 5 to 6 years before I have to return to Canada and start working again. But I am 31 and I have always done things for other, this I will do for me.

The reason I did not buy a boat this year is because I am trying so save up $25,000 to purchase the boat. What I can't seem to understand is the concept that there are people out there giving away or abandoning a dream?!? If I can ask, where exactly does one find a dream? I am from Canada and this isn't something that happens here from what I know.

Kroz
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook