SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009
Hunter 33.1

NolaSafari is on a distinguished road
Sailindog's statement back in post 109 struck a cord with me. If she had truly received a derelict boat as a gift why is the first post about asking for a replacement. The OP certainly exhibits the skills associated with a seasoned user of the internet and forums. I would of thought that when she first moved on to the boat that a long string of what is this for and how do we pump the head or how to keep the childern safe posts would of materlized. I am sure most of us do the same thing now when we acquire a new possison of any intricacy, we run to the internet and find the best support group for that item to learn the finer points of the item.

What I see as the real harm is that the OP did not provide enought information to support her case. By not being forth coming with informaion she sparked debates between many good samaratinas who would of gladly helped if they were confident that she was in need. Each and everyone of us has a set point where our BS alarm goes off, it is lower for some than others. Many who have the low BS set point may be the ones who will help the most you just have to be sure not to trip the alarm.