SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
And 180 again...

Let me turn the question around Sway. When Dog slams her from the get go, then you come along and throw down a sarcasm-drenched, vitriolic coup de grâce like THIS (which made the FC Hall of Shame by the way - thanks for that)...I think the question is...
Exactly how am I slamming TiaraWakes from the get go? My post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Exactly what are you looking for? A free boat??? Help fixing the boat you have?? Just curious, what kind of boat are you, your husband and the toddlers living aboard currently? How did it get into such bad shape—certainly that did not happen overnight? Why did you not address the issue prior to it becoming such an issue, especially given that this boat is also your home??
was asking some pointed and important questions, that I think need to be answered. Please note that TW didn't answer any of them. Only a complete dumb@ss would think that asking for clarification is slamming someone.

Considering that the OP has not answered any of the questions... and only posted further sob story material... it seems pretty light on facts...and sounds more the tactics of someone looking for a free handout than actually having a problem that needs solving. I've pointed out that fixing a transom on a boat is often simpler, cheaper, faster than getting another "free" boat. Yet, TW did not want to post any information towards that much more reasonable solution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Last edited by sailingdog; 06-12-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook