SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Finally

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  MikeAR 
#1 ·
Well I finally learned to sail. It's been a lot of flake outs and rained out weekends in the 6 weeks since I bought my Cat 22 , but I finally got in touch with some guys at Jolly Rodger's Marina near Little Rock that hooked me up with some lessons.Barring anything unplanned during my equipment check The ASA instructer cleared me fit to sail , so tommorow is my first day going out with out an instructer so i'm pretty exited about that. Let you guys know how it goes.

#2 ·
Good luck, fair winds...keep us posted. :)

#7 ·
Well I went out Saturday and had a really nice day. There was absolutely no wind so we just motored out to a cove and swam and enjoyed our self's. It was good to go out and get familiar with my rigging and handling my boat.All in all a great day even though I got a good sunburn, realized that one of my jib sheet winches is jammed in place, and I let my jib halyard run to the top of my mast. I guess next weekend I learn to step down the mast.

#8 ·
Glad to hear you had a good time in spite of the lack of wind, winch problems and that pesky jib halyard.:mad: I've been out on my C22 many times with no wind but it was still fun just to anchor, swim, vegg out. Hope the mast un-step/re-step goes ok. Be sure to have helpers...preferably at least one who has experience with this task. Good luck, Stephen.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.