SailNet Community - View Single Post - What items would YOU take cruising??
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005

capttb is on a distinguished road
What items would YOU take cruising??

Others correct re: engine parts etc. after the huge amount of rain we had this year I''ve added lots of hooks in the shower to hang wet foulies where they can drip "dry" (I wish) out of the cabin. I keep those little packets of Mayo and whenever I find items that normally need refrig. but don''t because of packaging I try to take advantage of it. Some salad dressings, fruit, jelly and milk in boxes are packed in small servings not requiring cold storage. A few of those Aluminum packs of Tuna with dried pasta and dried sauces like from Knorr can keep you going for weeks. I also keep bottled drinking water stowed in any available space. Oh, Duct Tape & WD40, the tape for everything that moves and ain''t supposed to & WD 40 for stuff that don''t move and should. Sailkote, ripstop tape, some waxed twine & needles, Fid, extra canvas (tarp) for shade or repairs. I''m gonna stop now before I get really carried away.
Shoot, just remembered, a small stainless thermos, easier to make an extra pot of coffee in the morning than when you are under way. An Igloo "Playmate" cooler is real efficient, so I put a little ice in one in the morning with the beverages and lunch items so I don''t open the boat icechest much during the day.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook