SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying a boat that needs a repower - nuts???
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009

boofus is on a distinguished road
For me the 1.5 hour drive really started to wear on me. I re-powered, Bought the boat with the motor basically just sitting there, had to do the shaft stringers fuel lines etc etc...... did it all myself but found the details to be a nightmare. When you aren't at the boat everyday and some time passes things just slip your mind and you find yourself sitting there ready to finish up the exhaust hoses and you're short of 2 hose clamps so you move on to wiring and then its the number 8 ring terminals your short of.... on and on. Take everything with you every time you go or else that will be the first thing you need that day. The most simple problems are quickly magnified. Definately factor the drive time in and then multiply by at least 2, because it will get old. I am just going through sea trails now and working the bugs out, because there are always bugs. already had to have sea tow come out once. Good luck if you decide to go for it.......
but at least I saved the thousands it would have cost to have the yard do it..... then again I wouldn't have bought the boat.......... maybe I shouldn't have bought the boat,
hmmmm hindsight............
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook