SailNet Community - View Single Post - Swinging Dinghy in Davits
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
I buy the ratchet straps from Costco, a set of four good sized ones for under $20. The boat cruises six months a year and then sits on the hard for the other six months. The straps and dink are on the arch 12 months a year. I use a new set every two years, the ratchets still work fine (lube them every so often) and although I have never had a strap fail I am afraid of the nylon straps going due to degradation from the sun, so new ones every couple of years does it. . The boat is in FL and the Bahamas all year and gets lots of sun! The ratchets are far superior to trying to secure a dink in davits with lines.
I have several sets of those and may give that a shot. It is a good idea. I was just concerned about the salt water rusting the ratchets. Thanks.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook