SailNet Community - View Single Post - Swinging Dinghy in Davits
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Our setup is simple. On the stern pulpit rail we hang two small inflatable fenders 1/3 of the way in on both sides. Our routine when lifting the dingy up the davits is to put the cover on her while in the water (The cover was modified my my wife to allow detaching and reattaching the lifting clips thorugh reinforced specialized slits cut into the cover. We then pull the dingy to the top of the davits. We have 4 cheaply made blue 1" web straps 25 feet long each with plastic adjustable buckles, and we throw the bitter end over the dingy into the water ( between the cross bar and the dingy ) when it is almost raised and finish raising it. We use our telescoping boat hook to fish the bitter ends out of the water under the dingy and put them through the plastic buckles and cinch them tight pulling the dinghy up against the fenders so it doesnt rub or swing It doesnt move move no mattter the heel angle when we sail. It doesnt make one squeek or movement. Cheap fix. I will take pictures.

Dave
Dave,

I would like that. Please do take some pics.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook