SailNet Community - View Single Post - Amel Super Maramu
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005

kimberlite is on a distinguished road
Amel Super Maramu

Dear Eddy,
I donít know if you would want to use an inverter to power an electric stove. Most stoves use a few kilowatts to operate the burners. Even with Amels main bank of 12 batteries this would put a serious dent in your battery bank and would need immediate charging with a genset.

Most people that I know who have a bow thruster wish theirs operated like the one on the Amel. The thruster is located directly aft of the first watertight bulkhead. If it were located any further forward, it would be inaccessible. The fact that it retracts into the hull leaves the hull smooth and without drag. The fact that it drops down puts the thrust of the unit deep in the water. This is much superior to any other design I have seen.

With respect to the bed in the aft cabin offshore we usually sleep in separate bunks as there is just too much motion to sleep. When in port or sailing locally we do have to climb over one another to get out of the bunk. You can however save 4000 euros and not have a queen bed installed and go for the stock two bunk aft cabin setup.

Fair winds,
Eric

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook