SailNet Community - View Single Post - I just put in Sirius satellite radio - yippie!!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009

VidadeOro is on a distinguished road
My favourite station is Ch.71 "Watercolours" After a work day, it is nice to flip it on, grab a Rum and Coke and sit in the cockpit. (I live aboard and have done so since 1997)
Regarding the Antenna. I got a kit unit from Clarion (Can't remember the model) but it attaches to my Alpine CDA 105 Deck. The aeriel is a little round thing that is magnetic on the back side and with some sealant, it could be perfect for out-door use. However, as I have a solid fg boat with no wood in the deck, I can receive a decent signal with the ant. mounted under the deck. (located aft in back of chart table area. This keeps if far away from my compass.
I am advised that wood will affect the signal. I have tried the aerial in different places and it works fine under the dodger on the outside of the cabin (aft)
One thing I did notice that seemed a little funny was that on one late afternoon and well into the evening, I lost all signal. It was cloudy but no rain. As I have only had this unit for a couple of weeks, I did not know if weather of this type would interfere or not.
Regards
Ron
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook