SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
The BFS Easties Throwwwwwdowwwwwwwn

Okay - three words: Easties Freakin' Rock!!

Definitely a helluva time!

First dinner with Bene and Caleb on Friday night. Everything was fine until, right in the middle of the pub, they pulled something that will give me nightmares for years to come...a little thing they called the "brownie sandwich". You NY guys need some serious therapy. I'm just sayin'.

I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it again. We don't do that kind of thing down in Texas - at least not in public. I had no idea people were that flexible. I checked the papers today to see if Maxine was okay. Nothing.

Anyway, that little incident got us immediately BANNED from the restaurant. A couple of patrons were sobbing - others applauding as we were thrown out into the street. So we dusted ourselves off and headed over to Bene's hard-bound-big-ass boat for some drunken guffaws and an imaginary BFS to some fine reggae.

Seriously great guys - seriously great time.

Then a KILLER sail yesterday with Bubb and his son where I learned a ton and had a freakin' blast. Great wind, a VERY sweet Bene which sails way better than my C27, and beautiful scenery. He even let me try to dock that ride. It really doesn't get better than that - ever. It was more than an honor - and on Father's Day no less. He's the man.

Thanks for a great time guys. I owe you one.

Photos coming soon!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook