SailNet Community - View Single Post - Good deals on tools.
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebandit View Post
I'm guesing you bought the 27 cat?
I am trying not to, but it really wants me to buy it. My fiance is also game for it. We are getting married in August so that entire month is out for working on the boat.

It needs some hull work (one impact ding) and re-bedding of all hardware. Deck feels solid but I am going to buy a moisture reader to make sure what I am getting into as far as core moisture. We are also looking at a bunch of other boats in the same range. Most have been sitting for a while on trailer so i figure they will all need re-bedding of hardware. The C27 just has a whole lot more hardware needing rebedding.

The boat is on a trailer but it is too heavy for my truck. We have no room for it at home, the home is a rental anyways so putting a boat there would not go over very well. I started describing the boat here but figured it would be better to post another thread if I was going to hijack myself, look for it in the boat choosing forum.

I work in transportation and am out of town more often than in town. My work is only 10 minutes from the marina and 25 minutes from home, so I could head there after work each day for a couple of hours of projects and days off. My other option is someone who's boat I race on has a shop in town where he said I could work on the boat, not sure where but I imagine 10 minutes from home. I would like to get the hardware re-bedded and the boat in the water ASAP.

PS one of the other boats available is a Mac 25, we still need to look at do you cruise the Socal coast in yours, been out to the islands?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook