SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1st nor'easter
Thread: 1st nor'easter
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009

orientalnc2010 is on a distinguished road
1st nor'easter

Hey all,
I am experiencing my 1st nor'easter in NE with my PSC31. She has a double 7/8 double braided line pennant each with a galvi thumble attached to the top of my "pass through" mooring ball. The two pennant lines are laced together with for the first 6 feet with small stuff and floats to make a bridle. The bridle needs to be a bit tight so that one bridle line does not wrap around the mooring ball when things go "willy nilly".
There is not much fetch from the NE in my harbor but if the wind was out of the SW there would be 3or4 footers. As the boat sails back and forth
the loaded pennant crosses the bobstay, which I was able to cover with a length of 5/8 clear tubing split and taped closed. There is also double chafing gear on the pennant where the bobstay makes contact with the pennant. Seems to be wearing fine for now.
Question is: the hawsers in the bulwarks are three feet back from the bow, how would the boat behave with a single pennant or both pennants on the same side??
PSC 31 #125
Ryoko
Oriental, NC
One of the two happiest days in a sailors life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook