SailNet Community - View Single Post - refrigeration
Thread: refrigeration
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
refrigeration

Richard, I''ve done the best job I can in the time I''ve had - we''re readying the boat to leave London on the next tide - to explain to this thread''s readers what I''ve experienced. I''ll leave it to you to offer up the seminar; my contributions are based on what I''ve seen and experienced myself.

One general observation: When you say "Jack, it is unusual to find anyone who has lived aboard with a water cooled Danfoss BD condensing unit that likes it." you are telling me that you have not been out among cruising boats in the field to the extent you may think you have. In the last 5 years, thru-out the Caribbean, the U.S. east coast, and now all of N Europe, my observation would be exactly the opposite of this. I don''t think we''ve - yet - met a single user of a Danfoss watercooled unit that a) was experiencing what they thought was poor performance, or b) had problems with their units. And this includes a testy engineer in Trinidad who did all kinds of tests with various units and cooling methods before ending up switching over to a water-cooled, Danfoss-based system. I''m sure there are some disappointed customers out there...there always are. But they must be quite small in number.

Cheers to everyone...

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook