SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hammock Netting ...
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggle30 View Post
I have only seen one method of securing a hammock on deck - one end to a halyard and the second to the jib halyard and raise both ends. Bad description, but you get the idea.

My jib is furled... I have a 'free' halyard for the spinnaker not in use... how can I set up my hammock?

A friend had suggested the one end on the spin halyard then tie some fancy knot he knows 'around' the furled jib or even off the eyelets (wrong term I know) that attach the jib sheets... I'm not crazy about putting that type of stress on the furler system... am I wrong? he claims that the system endures hundreds of pounds from the wind and will not be damaged by the lashing of a hammock...

Ideas? thoughts?
If I tried something like that I'd probably use a piece of heavy cloth or leather to wrap around the furled jib to spread the stress around, then anchor line to that somehow. Maybe a piece of leather with some grommets in it ?

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook