SailNet Community - View Single Post - Was it Windy 6/21/09
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
On Saturday we were in Rock Hall picking up Haleakula after its 1500 hr Yanmar maintenance before our upcoming trip to Mystic. I was very very impressed with the professional work and attention to detail the mechanic at Haven Harbor Marina paid to our engine as well as the cost and timeliness of their work. We had the mixer replaced, both engine water pumps (raw and fresh) replaced, a new thermostat, the heater core removed and dipped, a few new hoses and belts, and a new fuel lifter pump. Hard to find in this day and age and I would heartily recommend them to anyone. We played musical cars as we live north of Baltimore and keep her on Rock Creek, for two weekends just to take it there.

We stay at our slip there sat afternoon to see the huge Thunderstorm line with tornado warnings move over the Bay right next to us. Saw one bank of clouds heading NW at 30 knots and right beside it a bank moving SE at a similar speed. We finally flew across the bay to anchor in Broad Creek in front of the glass house (one of our favorite spots to stay out of the predicted 20 knot NW wind shift that evening.

Sunday we beat our way back home in steady 22 knots with gusts to 42. Was a fun day for sailing with plenty of spray on the dodger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook