SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Rocna/MansonSupreme + Bowsprits ??!!??!!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  teddius 
#1 ·
I took a quick look to see if there are any threads that answer my question but I didnt find any sufficient.

I have a huge bowsprit (har har har), and I just bought one of the new generation anchors (rocna, MS, Wasi Bugal)–I wont say which one as I dont want to start up that same old conversation. Anyways, I am fishing for ideas on how to deal with my anchoring set up now... I have been toying with three ideas. Keep in mind that once the hook is in the water and scope is laid out, I have a bridle snubber set up passing through the hausholes and connected to the samson posts.
1-roller at the tip of the bowsprit
2-roller placed at 45* angle from fwd on bowsprit platform
3-roller placed on bullwark fwd of windless
4-(possibility) dropping cash and having a custom made roller fabricated which actually tilts the anchor and shank alow the bowsprit platform.

anyone had successes? pictures? other ideas???

thanks in advance...
teddius

#3 ·
I have a retractable bowsprit on my boat, and still have my Rocna 15 sitting on a bow roller. Here's a photo of the setup sans anchor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.