SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can we get this board going again?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005

Orion48 is on a distinguished road
Can we get this board going again?

Aloha,
As the wife of a sail addict I was (relatively) easily persuaded to sell the house, get rid of most of my stuff and liveaboard- I can''t believe how freeing it is. It took a year to get used to the galley (from the perspective of a "gormet" cook!)I get two reactions when people find out we now live on a 48 ft sailboat-
"Why in the world would you do that?" or
"Gee I wish I was brave enough to do it..."
Personally I didn''t want to be 80 years old and wonder what it would have been like if I had done it...With the advent of storage lockers and high speed internet it''s really not a huge paradigm shift.
That being said... why is it I read about so many men just dying to live on a boat and held back from doing it by unwilling wives?...It''s sad, I guess, when people''s dreams don''t coinside...
It is a very wonderful lifestyle and I think so everytime I sip coffee on the deck watching the fish jump in the early morning sunrise...
What is the hardest thing about living on a sail boat? What do you think? So far I can''t think of one...By the way, there are so many amazing, helpful people that respond on this message board- I have learned so much just by "lurking"-
(whoosh is my hero!)
Aloha,
Orion from Hawaii
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook