SailNet Community - View Single Post - people buying boats...
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005

Orion48 is on a distinguished road
people buying boats...

It''s sad.
This board is so terrific and has so much good information- I wish more people new to boating would take the advice given-
PLEASE have an experienced person help you find a boat!!!Someone that is NOT going to make money off you and is not selling you anything!!!I just saw a young couple down the dock buy a wreck of a boat that will take thousands and thousands to restore if it is at all possible- and they have no clue- No survey- No nothing-
I am not trying to be an elitist here and I am not setting myself up as an expert- I am not...but living at a marina I see some brokers take advantage-NOT ALL BROKERS...
But, keep in mind new people, they are trying to make a living.
My heart breaks when I see really excited enthusiatic people get taken advantage of-They could be a great addition to the boating community and they get ripped off or worse put in a dangerous, life threatening situation. Of course this happens in many situations...houses, cars...but when it happens in our marina...it''s close to home.
I read so many postings about boat selections...There are tons of experienced people that are willing to answer questions and help both at local marinas and on this board...and for goodness sake get a SURVEY!!!
(my bad for venting!)
Aloha
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook