Not Finished Yet
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thanked 50 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 8
I would skip the halyard. I do it this way:
1) Loosen and then disconnect the uppers.
2) Rebed their chainplates.
3) Wait until the bedding cures (if you are using bedding that cures).
4) Reattach and tighten the uppers5) Loosen the lowers
6) Rebed their chainplates
7) Wait until the bedding cures (if you are using bedding that cures).
8) Reattach and tighten the lowers
You can do them all in 3 days (assuming a 24 hour cures). The stays + uppers is far more than what you need to support the mast at your slip. The same is true for stays + lowers.