SailNet Community - View Single Post - What are the most important considerations for a boat buyer?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005

flyhop is on a distinguished road
What are the most important considerations for a boat buyer?

We are a future Carribean-island-hopping-and-ICW cruising family of 4. We''re reading everything in sight and practicing on our little sailboat. In about a year, we''ll embark on our first blue-water charter with plans on striking out full-time sometime after that.

We want to put some thought and do our research on what type of sailboat would fit our future needs. We don''t have endless funds nor time, so lots of charters or crewing opportunities on different boats is not a possibility at this time. We would like to whittle down the list of possible boats and/or manufacturer''s before we hit any boat shows.

I know I''ve seen it somewhere, but I can''t remember where, and now I can''t find it. It was some kind of a "10 questions to ask yourself before you buy a boat" or "8 considerations, etc.". Since I can''t find it, I''m asking fresh.

For a future boat buyer, what are the most important considerations or questions we should be asking ourselves before we set out next year to find our new home?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook