SailNet Community - View Single Post - contender back from the dead
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009

tbeagley is on a distinguished road
Handles like a dream. Leaving saturday for a 5-8 day cruise around cape cod and the islands. Had a little issue with water getting in to the lazarett from the engine well. took the last few days to raise the bottom of the lazarett two inches above the opening of the well and sloping down to even to the top of the well with a new scupper 4 inches higher. now in putting stainless steel engine vents (Scrapper off a catalina 27 at a junk yard) flush to the deck without worry of any water getting in, it has nowhere to go but right out. There is still room for a 6 gal fuel tank on the port side and my grill and propane tanks on the starboard (both held in with cargo netting.) I have to get on the ball with the interior pics, its the best part. all new cushions, new counters, new stove all interior wood refinished. new electronics; GPS chart plotter, depth finder, radio, and stereo. hope she holds together next week. few thin spots in the sails that I have to patch. anyone know of contender/challenger sails in decent shape at a decent price? are challenger and contender sails the same? I have a main, a genoa, and a working jib. I would love to get a storm jib and a spare main. getting allot of good looks and loving it! got to get sailing... the journey's the thing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook