SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rookie Mistake
Thread: Rookie Mistake
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
Cruisingdad - those boys are about as cute as they come! Are you all on board full time? I wish we had more kiddos around here in the Chesapeake. Our little guy has tons of friends, but mostly land lubbers.
Thanks for the kind words about the blog! I wish there was a place on the web for boating kids. There's a somewhat inactive yahoo group and a completely dead kids aboard web site. We need to make a place...
That idscussion has come up here to me several times. The issue, to be honest, is liability for this site and ANY site.

I have been urged by many parents to make a forum here for kids and/or families cruising. I can do the latter, but not a specific kids site because I cannot control the content of what is put on there and there are some sickos.

What I CAN do, if you and other parents are interested, is make a family forum. I would be very clear that we would moderate it as tightly as possible and not put up with ANY inaaporpriate content. Kids could post there, if their parents wanted. However, they would still need parental oversite and we would take NO respnsibility for the content. In other words, it would not be a kids site but kids could post there. A technicality, I know, but I have to look out after Sailnet and the legal aspects of a childrens site. Make sense?

If you and/or other parents have an interest, I will see what I can do.

Take care,

Brian

PS We lived aboard for quite some time but are currently in E Texas. Bought another boat and trying to outfit to go cruising. My parents did the same. We hope to be back out there with you soon.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook