SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cape May-Atlantic Highlands-LI Sound and Block Island
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Cape May-Atlantic Highlands-LI Sound and Block Island

Our much anticipated pilgramage 9 (we travel to NE most summers) begins in 10 days on July 10. Our anticipated stops include Cape May, Barnegat Lighthouse, Atlantic Highlands, through Hell Gate to Northport Harbor , Port Jefferson, Westbrooke Harbor, Mystic Seaport (July 17 and 18), Block Island (July 19 and 20), Guilford, Huntington Harbor, Atlantic Highlands, Barnegat Lighthouse, Cape May (July 24 and July 25th) and then back home to our club on the Chesapeake in Rock Creek.

There is plenty of flexibility for change and weatherdates if necessary, but this is our tenative schedule with only Mystic, Block Island and Cape May on the return trip with semi set dates.

I have the Mapteck Embassy Guide but we would love to hear of great stories, recommendations on restaurants and experience with any of these ports. I have been at various times to all of them over the years, but would like to hear of things to see, places to eat and places to moor, anchor or even take a slip. We have reservations in Utchs (Cape May) where we have stayed a dozen times and also for the two nights at the Mystic Seaport. ( If you are a member of the Seaport the seconmd night slip is free for once a year and you get reduced rates and free admission..a good deal).

We would also love to meet up with any of our extended sailnet family if we are going to be in your area when you are out. Would be nice to put a friendly face ( or scarey one) to the comments I read here.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook