SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 27
Thread: Catalina 27
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009

dsavlin is on a distinguished road
I was surprised there's not a dedicated C27 subforum either. I've just joined sailnet (but no stranger to online forums). I hope SailNet will make us our own home

We've had our 1988 C27 for about 6 years now and this year have been doing some major work on it. We had the mast down for the first time to replace bulbs, sheaves, spreader boots, and wind transducer. We also replaced the two thru-hull transducers (new Raymarine ST40+ kit) before launching this year. The old sheaves were missing most of their edges.

A big project for us is finding a good way to repaint the nonskid parts of the deck. We're getting little holes in the bottom of the nonskid "pits" and we can see fiberglass strands. Not good.

Next up is clean and oil all the teak, and this year we're taking the teak trim off to rebed / re-silicone all the trim.

And while all that's happening I'm working on running the cables for our new instruments, and adding our Autohelm autopilot to our new Seatalk network. And a way to hook up our handheld GPS.

Happy sailing to everyone!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook