SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can we get this board going again?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005

lexxy is on a distinguished road
Can we get this board going again?

I will reply...I would love to talk to other women who live aboard...we have been living aboard a 38'' IP [380/58] for almost a year...sold the whole shebang last spring and we are loving it...adventure everyday. I am very involved in everything on the boat...I will be taking the Janmar engine course in June, I do electricity, handle the boat during my watches...love offshore cruising and overnight voyages...can''t wait to hit the high seas more...dread the boring ICW...aaarrggghhh!!!...love to anchor more than dock anyday and I have all the fishing stuff but haven''t caught anything yet...will try more with warm weather!!! I always drive the boat to the dock...cuz I still throw lines " like a girl!!! I need to get better at backing in tho! I''m dreadful at knots...will keep trying tho. I''m an artist and plan to do watercolors en routes... I did design the website:
http://www.starsonthesea.com

I cook better meals on board in the "play kitchen" galley because I have less yard and domicile to maintain...I do have an herb garden in the dinghy. I am as active at planning, navigating, driving, as the Mr...the Capt...in fact the boat is totally in my name for estate reasons...yea! I threaten to fire the Capt but haven''t followed thru since he takes me out to eat far too often.

The worst thing about living on a boat for me are the constant breakdowns and learning every system....I just have to have things running well...some compulsive fluke...a boat is not condusive to that hangup. And our boat is just 5 years old!!! It''s always the breakdown du jour!!! I must learn to adapt and be more laid back about it.

Actually all this isn''t bad for a 62 year old fat lady...right?

Lexxy/Lynn on CYAN
en route from Charleston to Beaufort NC tues in outside water around Cape Fear! Won''t miss those dreadful shallows in NC!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook