SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alir?
Thread: Alir?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009

PlanetDan is on a distinguished road
The info I should have included originally

Sorry my original note was so short and non-informative. I promise to do better.

Anyway, the Around Long Island Race (33rd Annual Around Long Island Regatta) will take place on Thursday, July 23. It starts in Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay), runs along the south side of Long Island, rounds Montauk Point and finishes at Port Washington.

Caleb - it's not as dreadful as all that. Entry is $250. They accept either a life raft OR a dinghy. Thank you for listing relevant information. And thanks for the good wishes.

I'm not expecting to set any records in this one. I have a sloop-rigged 1999 Hunter 420 center cockpit (that rules out all the Hunter-haters), no spinnaker, 110 jib. Garmin 3010 chartplotter, autopilot, depth, speed. So with those specs, you can probably surmise this is more about fun than winning. And I'd seek crew with that same attitude. I would ask for donations toward defraying the cost.

The rigging is in good shape ( it's in Stamford -- Tom Anderson, chief rigger at Hathaway, Reiser and Raymond was on the boat to take a look at it recently).

I've been sailing since the late 80's, owned this boat 3 years. For a racer, I'm a pretty good cruiser.

That's about it. Hope that clears it up.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook