SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Partner
Thread: Sailing Partner
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009

SeabrookSailor is on a distinguished road
Partner wanted

I saw your posting and I got excited and curious. I would love to talk to you about it. Ever since Hericane Bess (ex wife) Iíve been homeless, and since Hurricane Ike Iíve been boat less. I havenít even been sailing since Ike come to think of it. Iíve been thinking about ways to keep sailing while I find and fix up a new boat to live aboard again. Sometimes I think God helps with the tiller at times.

I travel nationally in my job (needless to say Iím licensed, bonded and insured to the max) and stay in hotels when Iím not traveling. I could very well stay at a hotel in the Chesapeake area as well as any other. Since Ike, most of the marina is gone and most of my old sailing friends have sailed on, Iím ready to put out an anchor again, somewhere a little less out of the line of fire. I was flipping a coin on either Moro Bay or Puget Sound when I saw your posting.

I have 30 years experience sailing, fixing, and tuning small boats. I have finished most of my sailing courses and I can bareboat up to 40-45 feet. I have coastal experience in Puget Sound and Maine, and offshore in the Gulf. (Can you say pounding to windward?). I am working on my Coast Guard 6 pack and am updated on CPR and First Aid. Iíve been partners before and it worked really well.

With a GPS, I can usually find my way back home or at least where I started from. (Except maybe for that time when I swore the skipper said head for Dublin. She told me she said head for Duck Island). I sand and varnish a lot better and faster after two beers, but I never drink unless the boat is tied or there is a designated skipper. Iím more of a wine guy but any port or ale in a storm as they say.

Thatís about it in a nutshell. I would love to help you fix up your boat and will leave it better than I found it. Drop me a line and maybe we can go for a sail. Thank you for reading this. Michael
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook