SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fender Boards
Thread: Fender Boards
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nereussailor View Post
Thanks everyone, I installed one fender board tonight that was built like SD's diagrams. I tied it off to the toe rail with the fenders behind it on the hull. I ended up using a 2x6 that I cut to 5' it's going to work out great for my slip. I'll store it on deck if I can, or in the aft berth with the rest of the sails and such.
Right now, it kind of looks out of place, it needs the weathering so it looks more at home on the boat.
Next project....... outboard motor mount on the aft rail for the dinghy motor.
Just a comment, maybe not necceesary, but will make regardless: If you have serious tides, the board CAN ride up over the fenders. THe result is not pretty, as you can imagine from this finish:

[IMG][/IMG]

I have not fix for it... only to say that it only happened on unusual circumstances with extreme tides. Just a warning to watch out for your boat.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook