SailNet Community - View Single Post - Utahrd likes to sail
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Hi Richard,
I have always like Ericsons the few I have been on. I do race on the great salt lake but in the Ultimate 20. I will also be putting my boat on the salt lake when I find it.

The Ericson i race is on Bear Lake, which is North of Salt Lake City. It straddles Utah and Idaho, and is near Wyoming as well. The boat is 30 years old and was bought new by the family that still owns it. It has been on the salt lake, pacific and now Bear Lake. The family spends most weekends onboard. There are only 5 races or so a year on this lake and I have only been on the boat twice, going next weekend though.

We race against some of the newer C&Cs and have spanked them each and every time. I don't think the competition in their shiney new racer/cruisers appreciate it, one of the other boats is trying to get its PHRF changed.

Great family cruiser that can beat the competition. Not sure how much the 30 years with the boat has to do with it or if it just sails to its potential than the newer cruiser racers. If/when I live on the coast and if/when i could afford one, I would love to have one as a vacation home/cruiser/racers. Is there a lake big enough to hold a 38 foot boat?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook