SailNet Community - View Single Post - liveaboard marinas between NYC & Boston???
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005

shai is on a distinguished road
liveaboard marinas between NYC & Boston???

Hello everybody.

I am a new member of this forum and would like to briefly introduce myself before I place a couple of questions. I am a novice boater, have no boat of my own yet and may be lucky enough this year to win the ….green card lottery and move to the States, leaving behind a 17yr old job, an apartment of my own and a very landlubber lifestyle. If everything goes well for me or whenever it does – this is an old dream, I plan to move to NE US, somewhere between Boston and NYC and within a reasonable amount of time buy my own boat with a view to becoming a liveaboard and sailing. Too many reasons why, to enumerate here! Among other things, being the daughter and granddaughter of sailors (mercantile marine), loving the sea and ships and even eating the bait while fishing when I was a kid leaves me really no choice. Sad as I find it, I live in a country where people will not normally fork out $xxk to buy a sailboat, let alone live aboard one… If I am ever to make this dream come true, I have to uproot myself to another country. For those of you wondering why I just don’t go the easy way and move anywhere within the EU the answer is NY (which I “discovered” on 9/11, visited 3 times ever since and fell subsequently in love with it) and Boston – courtesy of Henry James.

What I would like to ask at t his point is this: any suggestions about liveaboard marinas anywhere between Boston and NY?

I know I have lots of reading to do with regard to pretty much everything and I look forward to this forum’s experience and insights and advice. While hoping to be …congratulated by the Dpt of State I would like to take advantage of time and educate myself on the the possibilities, the options, and the prospects out there.

FT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook