SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 28?
Thread: Bristol 28?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009

RhosynMor is on a distinguished road
If this is the Bristol 28 I think it is ( on back creek at one of the apartment complexes).
This is my humble opinion;
Its not in bad shape, there is crazing around all the stanchions and the deck needs a good repaint. Personally I think its over priced, I would take the cost of repairing the crazing and a deck repaint off the price. He is asking 11,900, so somewhere in the region of 10 to 10.5 k would seem a reasonable first offer, if there is a HIN number, and if the year is correct. Without the HIN number the boat is not worth it. Make sure it has a good title. I did not have a look inside, but through the ports it looked pretty clean.
Negotiate before the survey and again after. With the glut of boats on the market in Annapolis I would low ball him, and offer about 6K. For 10K in annapolis right now there are some nicely kept 26-28 footers on the market. I Think this has the venerable Atomic 4 in it as a motor. RIght now in Spinsheet there is an immaculate Catalina 27 with diesel and new sails for 11K, and CRAB have a clean C&C 27 for 5K.
hope this helps

Last edited by RhosynMor; 07-07-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook