SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need tip(s) for sailing with kids
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
My kid is a bit older now...

She is 37 and lives several states away. But my 2 granddaughters go sailing anytime the weather permits and they are with me. The oldest will be 3 in October so, I am in the ball park of your problems. I make it a fin experience at ALL costs. No long outings, we keep it to about an hour on the water. The last time she was in town we went out with just grandma and Granddaughter and me. The winds were light but we were able to sail for almost 4 hours. Her mom and dad were surprised! She had a great time. But the key is keeping their interests first.

One trick you can do that we did with our daughter was to have a full blown HALF birthday party on the boat. We invited several relatives and they brought presents and a cake etc. That surprise we have later learned was her "Happiest moment on the boat ever", she was 5 and a half! Reserve that for when you are at the end of your rope.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook