SailNet Community - View Single Post - Utahrd likes to sail
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by empaynejr View Post
Jordan,

I have a 22' US Yacht that I have sailed on the Great Salt Lake and Bear Lake. It is fun sailing these lakes, but what ever your course, your destination is always home.
Yah I know. I had a boat in Lake Pontchatrain (New Orleans) and never left a 10 mile radius of the marina, that boat was too slow to go anywhere withoug being on a trailer.

Do you ever anchor out on your boat? It seemed like a good idea, but hear stories of evening thunder storms that ruin what would be a good weekend. There is a group cruise over Labor day weekend that anchors off of a balloon festival, might be a good time sailing with a worthy destination.

That is also why I want a trailer, so I can take it for a week to the coast, Lake Mead or somewhere else for vacations. Also thinking about something big enough to have comfortable sit up room down below, so we can hang out on the boat for days off, sort of like a second home on the water. Speaking of that the Salt Lake is the only body of water i can think of where property values go down if you are on the water.

Richard I have actually been cruising Craigslist now looking at E23s as well, thanks to your post. Seems like a good boat, the E23-2 especially, similar to the Ranger 23 in performance with a keel c/b option.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook