SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1978 Watkins 23xl
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009

Phantman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafrontiersman View Post
How is your re-fit going?
Oddly enough, I joined this site this afternoon. I stumbled onto it when I Googled for information about my outboard. And when I found the "Watkins" section, I naturally had to have a peek. The odd part is, I think I may be the new owner of the subject boat in this thread. At least I bought it from a "Cory" in Destin a few weeks ago. It's a 23' Watkins. How many "Corys" in Destin could there be with a 23' Watkins! LoL!
So to continue with the discussion, the refit is going just fine lol!
Well, sorta fine. I really haven't had much time to fiddle with it since I bought it. I hope that will change over the next few weeks though. I have a number of minor projects on my list that I'd like to complete before I start using the boat regularly. And some major projects for when some money falls out of the sky and into my lap.
In the time I've spent with her though, I've found no surprises. And I too am glad I bought her and glad to have her.
I hope we can stay in touch and possibly get in touch with other W23 owners as well. It's always good to swap stories and tips with fellow Watkins owners.
Rick
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook